Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

I will never forget.

August 29, 2001 we flew home from Washington D.C. to Minneapolis. It was an eerie feeling when I realized how close we were... The morning of September 11, 2001 I woke up around 9:00 a.m. The night prior I worked an overnight shift as a waitress.  I got off work at 6:00 a.m., slept for 3 hours and got up with my son. I rarely watch TV and he was only 7 1/2 months old so I had no reason to turn it on. Around 11:00 a.m. I turned on the TV and watched, stunned.

I flipped channels as fast as I could to see which news agency had the most information about what exactly was going on. I watch replays of the planes, the ash, the buildings falling, people jumping from buildings, the dead being carried away, the heroes working, sirens, panic...

I will never be able to imagine what it was like to be in New York, Washington D.C. or Pennsylvania on that day, but I know how I felt. I know how hard I prayed. I know how hard I hugged my son. I know how grateful I am for my fellow Americans and Everyone who was a hero that day.

1 comment:

EcoCatLady said...

My mother flew out of Logan Airport on the 9th of September. I think that's the thing... it could have been any of us.

There, but for the grace of God go I...