Wednesday, September 14, 2011

In need of a little help with my dill!

Last night was supposed to be the first frost of the season, which turned out to be a false alarm but that's fine... Of course I didn't get home until dark and had to hastily cover my tomatoes, herbs, lettuce and garlic (not necessary but I had an extra blanket). We also harvested all of the zucchini (large and small) and dill. 

So, about the dill... I have no idea how to preserve it! I was hoping to make cucumbers but none of mine grew. So now I have 15 or so dill plants drying in my basement. From my brief research I know I cannot leave them to dry on a table in the basement, I will end up with moldy-dill. Yuck!

I am in need of any and all advice, ideas, recipes, or crazy suggestions from my gardening friends and family! Thanks in advance!
(tasteforlife.com)
Oh, and for 5 minutes today it snowed. That's right, the 's' word on September 14th.
Post a Comment