Saturday, March 7, 2020

Restart

Blogging!? What is this??

Years have gone by and I have been drawn back to writing and organizing my thoughts in one place. Grad school, getting one kid off to college, one in first grade, new jobs for myself and my husband (2 years ago now), and everything else going on does not allow for a creative outlet, so here I am again! 

We were outside today burning brush in the 47 degree weather today and I had a flood of ideas for plans with my garden once the spring is officially sprung. The biggest projects for me this spring will be removing trees from the surrounding area of the garden, and completely re-fencing both gardens and chicken area. Not for the faint of heart while I am in grad school, looking for a new job, and supporting the men in my life but it will happen. My garden is huge so finding a plan on a budget will be difficult, and I will have to modify any plans I find online, while also re-using all supplies.

On Pinterest tonight I found a few great ideas for fencing:

hog panels & cattle panels used vertically ~ LOVE this concept, especially when considering deer, elk or feral horse fencing for a garden zone ~ also love that it is somewhat curved

Steel Deer Fence

fancydecors.co/...      Courtyard with plants design  If you have a sunny courtyard in the first place, climbing roses or the Virgin Vine (Parthenocissus inserta), which hardly forms any adhesive discs, can be raised by tendrils. In the semi-shade Clematis, Honeysuckle (Lonicera caprifolium) thrive, for example, and white colorful Actinidia (Actinidia kolomikta), in the shadow of the green honeysuckle (Lonicera henryi) and climbing hydrangea (... #Deer #fancydecors #Garden #Ideas #Resistant

Fishing line deer fence update | Maryland Grows
(Fishing line!? Not sure this would work in Northern Minnesota)

Deer Fence with Custom Arbor View Two | Wood Fence, Vinyl Fence & Metal Fence from Walpole Woodworkers

No comments: