Sunday, March 15, 2020

Seeds

I was out near my garden today, it was covered in snow and ice. Burning sticks and branches was only a small consolation for my need to be digging in the dirt but it sufficed. I came inside smelling of wood smoke and the woods. Tonight I sat down to finalize my seed order (after my grad school work and family and gone to sleep). 

Every year I talk about scaling back, only planting what my family eats, not planting veggies just to fill spaces, and only what I know grows in my soil/zone/area. However, I find myself drawn to seeds that I 'think' will do well and I 'think' my family will enjoy.

As of March 15th, my 2020 garden will attempt to grow a variety of:
Beets
Beans (bush and pole)
Cabbage (to be purchased as plants)
Carrots
Cilantro (yay guacamole!)
Corn
Kale
Hairy Vetch
Onion (to be purchased as bulb/sets)
Peas
Pumpkin
Spearmint
Spinach
Squash
Swiss Chard
Tomato (lots)
Zucchini

1 comment:

cvd diamond manufacturer usa said...

Classic Grown Diamonds is a wholesaler & manufacturer of Best lab created Diamond. We supply across USA,UK & Europe. You can Buy Online CVD diamonds For Jewelry.