Thursday, June 2, 2011

Project 6 continued....

Cross your fingers again... we rented the tiller for pickup on Sunday morning, 9am!  I am taking Monday and Tuesday off next week to get everything ready in the garden. There's an old-wives-tale that you have until June 3rd to plant in Northern MN. I'll only be a few days late, not too bad, right?!

Impatience set in again and I went online to GrowVeg.com and made my tentative garden layout. Sign up for free for 30 days. There is a $25 cost to maintain a gardening log and layouts through the website. It just may be worth the cost for next year. I'm flying by the seat of my pants this year so this little layout will help.

I'm not exact on the number of seeds and plants I have and my peppers and tomatoes are in pots that will just sit in the garden. I will know the exact numbers on Monday when I get to work.  But this will be the general layout. The site gives a list of companion plants so I was able to put a few next to each other. Pretty cool and much easier than trying to draw it out by hand.

1 comment:

Tyler Jones said...

Good job with the post. Thank you so much for sharing.