Saturday, October 8, 2011

Finally, Planting the Fall Garlic!

Wow, have I have a busy 2 weeks. Not much gardening or blogging. Mostly work, family, football, appointments, meetings, signing up for winter activities,  school-activities, trying to find time to work out/run, oh and did I mention work?!  And to top it off it is getting dark now between 7:30-8:00 p.m.  I absolutely love fall but do not appreciate the shorter days.

More excitingly though, Thursday I had a box show up at my door, garlic! Yay! I completely forgot it had been ordered and was on its way. I am going to get it planted on Sunday (tomorrow) and rake enough leaves for my 6 inches of mulch to go on top. Gotta protect the little guys, it's going to be a long winter.

(Will post pictures of my little garlic tomorrow night!)

This proves my garden loves me!

3 comments:

Susie - secondhandsusie.blogspot.com said...

We've just planted our autumn garlic...good idea to mulch them, ?I have to get onto that when it gets a bit colder!

shannonseibel said...

I just heard that's the best way to keep them safe over winter. Made sense once I thought about it, will be doing the same thing with my onions :)

Anonymous said...

I nearly forgot about my garlic!! have to get mine planted to. I love the picture, that garden can talk!!