Friday, June 10, 2011

Green Beans and Almonds

I make my green beans and almonds similar to how I make my asparagus. Add butter and salt, steam everything together and enjoy!  I try to use fresh green beans, but if you have to use frozen remember to adjust the cooking time. I have to admit, sometimes I change it up too... more butter, more garlic, more almonds, with bacon, without bacon etc.  Depends on my mood and the mood of my taste buds I guess! This is a new (very, very simple) family favorite.

Green Beans and Almonds

Ingredients:
1 lb fresh green beans (any sort)
1/2 c butter (cut in small chunks)
1 tsp course sea salt
2 cloves garlic (diced)
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 tsp olive oil
4 slices bacon

Directions:
1) Fry bacon. Crumble when cooled.
2) Heat olive oil in pan on medium-heat.
3) Add almonds. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add green beans and butter. Cover for approximately 15 minutes.
5) Add bacon, salt and garlic (when beans start getting tender).
6) Steam covered for approximately 15-20 minutes or until beans done to your likeness.
7) Serve hot!

1 comment:

MIG said...

I need to make this now. Lol! I adore both asparagus and almonds. Great recipe!