Thursday, May 10, 2012

Project 22 Complete

Well, I screwed up. I was completely convinced my tree order was Lilac, Mountain Ash, and Black Walnut. Turns out I was partly wrong. I ordered Lilac, Mountain Ash, Hazelnut, and Plum! Oh well, nothing lost, and I did order 5 more trees than I thought. We had to get creative to find space for the Plum trees but I think it all worked out perfectly.

The Plum will have nice little white flowers in the spring and we planted them so we can see 1 from the driveway, 2 near the pond, and 2 on the east side of the house. 
This is near the front of the house. I am so excited for the white flowers that will be on the Plum's when the trees mature.
The Hazelnut were all planted together in a space previously reserved for 2 of the Black Walnut. We left enough room between each tree and filled everything in with new soil. The area was along the tree line in a woodland-grass type area. 
1 little tree.

You can't tell from the picture, but there are 5 Hazelnuts planted here!
The Mountain Ash were planted where they were designated to go. 3 near the pond, 1 opposite a small grove of trees from the garden, and 1 in the large flower garden.
Buds/Leaves

Home for 1 of the trees!

3 of the trees will line this side of the pond.
We also transplanted the raspberries in the newly tilled garden off the front yard. Some of them had been a little dried out but even if only half come up we'll have a great amount for next year.
Raspberry bushes
The Lilac were perfect, 15 planted at the end of the driveway to create a barrier when they are fully grown. 10 on one side, and 5 on the other.
Lilac Buds

No comments: